Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Baking Soda Beauty

I'm not your grandmother, so don't get on my back about being old-fashioned. I'm being resourceful. It's a time when we have to cut back on spending our money on expensive beauty products. I got something cheaper than Neutragena, Avon, even Clean and Clear--baking soda. I got this tip from, guess who...Queen Latifa. I was reading an article about her in the Reader's Digest and someone asked her how she kept a great complexion. If I remember right, she said it was her mother that got her using baking soda.
I tried it, and it really works...you can feel it working. Just put a bit in your palm, maybe a half teaspoon, and add enough water so it makes a paste. I normally dampen my face first before applying the paste to your face. It's best to patt it on (all over) instead of rubbing or scrubbing it on, especially if you have sensitive skin. Then simply splash on some lukewarm water and pat your face dry.
This method just made sense...and it's crazy how cheap it is: baking soda and water. It's great for anybody...the frugal person, the all-natural person, the clean freaks, and those that just have to look incredible or they simply can't show their face in public.
Best part is, the results are so naturally beautiful that people think you're just born with a great complexion.

No comments:

Post a Comment